Agility Robotics: Mass-Producing Robots in Salem, Oregon
– First factory to mass-produce robots, aiming for 10,000 units per year.
– Robots named “Digit” designed for warehouse and manufacturing tasks.
– Factory spans 70,000 square feet; compared to early automobile factories.
Diligent’s Moxie: Nursing Robot Developed in Austin, Texas
– Created to fill healthcare gaps, now deployed in 22 U.S. hospitals.
– Also aims to assist with electronic medical records.
– Can perform simple tasks like fetching water and turning off lights.
YouTube’s AI-Driven Video Creation Tools
– New feature allows users to integrate AI tools for video creation.
– Announced at “Made on YouTube” event; expected to roll out next year.
Google Messages vs. Apple’s iMessage
– Google Messages hits 5 billion downloads, partly due to Samsung’s support.
– Ongoing rivalry with Apple’s iMessage; Google releases ad criticizing iMessage’s limited reach.
New Level of Phishing Attacks Targeting Hospitality Industry
– Hackers infiltrate high-level hotels and travel websites.
– Malware deployed through deceptive URLs; credit card information stolen.
NASA Awards $850,000 to Trans Astra for Space Junk Cleanup
– Trans Astra aims to clean up space debris using “Fly Trap” bags.
– Concerns over increasing space junk in low Earth orbit.
FTC and 17 States File Lawsuit Against Amazon
– Accused of illegally maintaining an online retail monopoly.
– Allegedly forced sellers to give up nearly 50% of revenues.
German Navy Tests Laser Weapon
– Successful trial of laser weapon with up to 100 KW power.
– Could signal the end of traditional bullets in warfare.
Skydio’s Autonomous Drones for NYPD
– California-based company aims to end high-speed car chases.
– Drones designed for military and utility applications.
“No Robot Bosses Act” Introduced in U.S. Senate
– Aims to regulate AI use in hiring processes.
– Requires employers to disclose AI usage; could lead to fairer hiring practices.