Apple’s Latest Announcements: iPhone 15, iWatch 9, and iCloud Plus
- iPhone 15: Apple’s new iPhone 15 comes with a powerful microchip and an impressive camera feature. The most advanced model, the iPhone 15 Pro Max, is priced at $2,349 CAD and offers 1 TB of storage.
- iCloud Plus: Apple is offering new iCloud Plus plans with up to 12 TB of storage for $60 USD per month. This is crucial for storing high-resolution photos and 3D spatial videos.
- Dongle Sales: Apple is set to make millions by selling a $29 USD cable connector for the new iPhone 15.
Zoom’s AI-Powered Rebranding
- AI Companion: The AI assistant, formerly known as Zoom IQ, is now rebranded as AI Companion. It will offer real-time feedback and coaching during meetings.
- New Features: Zoom is incorporating chat GPT and will allow for conversational interfaces and task item identification during meetings.
U.S. Government Invests in Smart Surveillance Clothing
- Smart Textiles: The U.S. government is investing $22 million in smart textiles that can record audio, video, and geolocation data.
- Privacy Concerns: These developments raise questions about individual privacy and data protection.
Parasitic Worms in Cancer Treatment
- Research at Osaka University: Scientists have discovered that parasitic worms are attracted to cancer cells and can be engineered to carry cancer-killing substances.
- Alternative to Chemotherapy: This could be a groundbreaking alternative to traditional cancer treatments.
Oxitec’s Genetically Modified Mosquitoes
- OX 5034: Oxitec has created male mosquitoes that produce female larvae that die before reaching adulthood.
- EPA Approval: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has given the green light for more production of these mosquitoes to combat diseases like Yellow Fever and Dengue.
AI Robots Aiding in Coral Reef Restoration
- AI-Driven Coral Layout: Robots trained in AI are helping to restore coral reefs by grafting or gluing coral fragments.
- San Francisco Scientists: The project is being led by scientists in San Francisco and aims to replace destroyed ocean environments.
Wuhan’s Ultra-Slippery Toilet Bowl
- Water Conservation: Scientists in Wuhan, China, have developed an ultra-slippery toilet bowl that could significantly reduce water usage.
- Material Replacement: This new material could eventually replace porcelain and ceramic in toilet bowls, leading to less demand on water resources.
Google Flights Enhances Booking Experience with New Features
– Speaking Points:
– Google Flights now offers data-driven advice on the best time to book.
– Introduction of a price guarantee badge for certain flights.
– The feature is currently a pilot project in the U.S., with plans for global expansion.