1. Burning candles in your home can release soot into the air that can get pulled into your furnace and circulated through your HVAC system, so consider getting your furnace and air ducts cleaned regularly and changing filters.
2. Chinese researchers have achieved a breakthrough in 6G communications by sending a signal at 100 Gb per second on a 10 GHz bandwidth, which could revolutionize speed compared to 5G networks and allow for faster data transfer.
3. Researchers at UCLA have developed a new thermoelectric generator that can generate electricity day and night using sunlight and radiative cooling, making it suitable for wearable devices and potentially useful in areas where proper heating or cooling is needed.
4. Sweden plans to build the world’s first permanent electrified road on a section of the European route E20, allowing cars and trucks to recharge while driving and potentially revolutionizing the way we charge electric vehicles.
5. The Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Solar-Powered EV can travel up to 1,000 kilometers on a single charge due to efficient aerodynamics, advanced battery technology, and integrated solar panels.
6. Chinese researchers have created a nanolattice metamaterial with high energy absorption capacity using ion track technology, which could make construction and transportation safer.
7. Engineers at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology have created an open source, extensible platform for creating earpieces that can be 3D printed and developed by anyone, potentially advancing the technology for everyday use and health applications.
8. To improve internet speeds, avoid placing your router on the floor, behind a door, or near an aquarium, as the signal may not reach its full capacity in these areas. Consider finding a more open and central location for optimal performance.